Consumer Justice

Owing taxes to the IRS


Bankruptcy Law

Criminal Law


Personal Injury Law

Tax Law

If you owe taxes to the government but are unable to pay the Internal Revenue Service in full, as a consumer, you should consider submitting an Instalment Agreement Request form (9465).

The form should accompany your returns.

There are instances where the IRS will not deny you an instalment agreement request especially if money owed is less than $10,000.

But you are requested to payback as much as you are able to with the return.

Interest rates will be charged and also a late payment penalty on taxes not paid by the date its due even if your instalment agreement request gets approved.

By making an up front request for an instalment agreement you will be able to avoid IRS collection notices. © 2019